Thursday, February 12, 2015

Laundry, Loads, & Love

A new post and a new year! A lot has happened since my last post. I had a baby 2 and a half months ago. Sadly this blog has been seriously neglected. But I am going to try to be better. I have re-decorated all of the main living spaces in my home and even our bedroom. Needless to say I have a lot to show & share. Plus we have been making a lot of our on home decor items. It has been a busy month and a half. (The nesting never ended!)

Not to mention I have lost 40 pounds since I had my baby! 46 pounds since before I got pregnant. Which means that I weighed more before I got pregnant than I did when I actually had Benjamin. Things are a'changin.


 

My first post is going to be on my Laundry Room! You're probably thinking "What? A laundry room? How boring..." But I promise it's not! My laundry room was a nightmare, a tornado, an empty pit of disregarded clothes that I never paid much attention to until.....one day it all became so clear.

The theme of my home is rustic meets antique meets country. (All except the boy's room & bathroom) So I knew I could have some fun with this! Now on to the photos....

Here is the before and after.

Yikes that was bad! But to break it down for you....

It was pretty awful. We don't have a lot of space to work with since we live in a townhouse, but it's pretty good sized. This was the place where unused clothes, boxes, anything we didn't want to deal with that the moment went to die.... :(

But that all changed over a few weeks as I got different ideas and found different things.



Look at what a difference! Wow. I am still in shock myself. It's so much brighter and cheerful. I actually want to do laundry if you can believe it! I used burlap over the wire shelf then burlap & lace in the front of the wire shelf. It turned out adorable!



The centerpiece is clothes pins in a glass jar. I made the "Laundry" definition then printed it on burlap. And how precious are the giant scrabble letters that say "Clean"?



I found my ironing board cover at Walmart. It is perfect because of the colors and burlap that I am using. I heart it very much. I thought I was going to have to make one because the ones I had seen before weren't very attractive. But I came across this gem and snatched it up like it was a rare diamond. (You should have seen me lol)



These are my FAVORITE part of the entire thing. They are drink dispensers also from Walmart! But you can't drink this stuff. It's poisonous! You can however wash your clothes with it. There's bleach, detergent, and fabric softner! They're all strategically placed right above the washer so when using, they go directly in. You don't need a cup! And the little fellow to the left is a mason jar that I got at Hobby Lobby that has powder detergent in it.




Close up of the dispensers and mason jar. This idea was pure magic, I tell ya! And we don't have any ugly jugs hanging around since these can be filled.




Here is the right side of the laundry room. I found some really cute bins. And I love that we have room to the right of the washer & dryer for a laundry sorter.



Here is a closer look of the bins. They are so adorable. I got them at Ross. They have little laundry emblems on them! I've got the rest of the powder detergent in there plus some mason jars that have spray nozzles (That we made) that I've got awesome and stain remover in. 




I can't leave out the sunburst mirror that I made. I literally took clothes pins and placed them around a mirror. That was it. Nothing is glued or taped. There isn't even anything on the back to hang it up. I have it held on a nail. (This mirror is very light weight. Do not use a heavy mirror and not secure it better than what I did, please!) 



 
 We also got this at Walmart (No they aren't sponsoring me. LOL) This was something I was very happy that we purchased. It makes life and laundry so much easier. It's a 3 bag laundry sorter. When the bag is full you know you have a full load of laundry. You take the bag off and dump it into the washer. You don't have to touch a thing!
 


  I used some extra lace I had laying around to cover those unsavory laundry hoses. Isn't this so much prettier?




 Curtains? For a laundry room? Yes! I hung some extra white, see through curtains we weren't using. Then I used the extra burlap lace to make tie backs. And isn't the clothespin a cute touch?




We took down the laundry doors. Before it was a space that I wanted to put a lock on and hide. But now that it's sooooo adorable, I want people to see! I love our newly decorated laundry room. And it didn't take much to accomplish it!



Thank you for reading!
-Ashli

3 comments: