Sunday, October 2, 2016

Farmhouse Halloween Decor on a Budget

Today I am posting about my Halloween decor. I went all out this year in the living room and kitchen because I did not get to decorate last year. (We had just moved into our new home, and I did not have time) Therefore, I wanted to make up for it!

I didn't want to break bank though. A lot of the things I'm decorating with are very inexpensive or even homemade (I love diy projects!) I also took advantage of sale items at craft stores and used items I already owned.




Here is my living room. I knew going in that I wanted to keep it neutral colored but I also wanted the traditional Halloween decor feel. My aunt made the Buffalo check pillow cases. I got the material at Joann fabrics for half off. I also got that black and white blanket for 60% off at Joann Fabric! The rest of the pillows are what I already owned. I wanted a cozy, country feel to this room.


Most of the Halloween decor in this photo is either diy, bought for very inexpensive, or from my front yard! I made the flying bats using black card stock (there are a ton of tutorials on pintetest) I hung them with clear scotch tape. The ghost garland and the bird photo are from the Target Dollar Spot. The black birds are all from the Dollar Tree. And I got those grapevine pumpkins at Joann Fabric for 60% off. Last but not least, the "tree" I got the birds on are sticks from the front yard! (The witch hat is from a previous Halloween costume)



Here is a different view of the same area. I made the bats go all over the beam, using different sized bats and placing them sporadically, with no specific order. 


These branches are also from the yard. I used black cardstock for these bats too. To hang them, I used a toothpick to put holes through them and hung them with black thread. I made the rag wreath with small buffalo check material (time consuming but worth it) And the creepy destination signs are from Walmart in the wedding section. 


Here is my fireplace. I made the Halloween sign myself. I could not find one that I liked. I got the paper at Michael's (I chose paper that looked Halloweenish to me) And I used jute to hang it. The white pumpkins and spiders are also from Michael's (all 40% off) I won the Happy Fall sign on an Instagram contest. And I had the wreaths already. 



This is our breakfast nook. I made the "Boo" with 2 Wreaths, and I stained the wood letter "B" (from Target) using Special Walnut stain. These are more of the buffalo check pillow cases my aunt made (I think she made 8 in total for me) The burlap runner is from the Target Dollar Spot I got a few years ago. 
 
This is the centerpiece of our breakfast nook. I knew I couldn't do too much because of my kiddos. The ghosts are from the ghost garland (I cut a few off and hot glued jute to hang them) The branch is from our yard. The "Eat, Drink & Be Scary" sign was made for me by a local shop. And the candle holders are from the Dollar Tree. (I spray painted them black) 


This is on my kitchen counter. The Ouija cheese board is probably the most expensive thing I bought for decorating. (I got it at Marshall's for $12.99) I put a few pumpkins around it (Target Dollar Spot) I added a few other things I already had. 


This is my dining room. I used the same buffalo check material from the pillows to make a table runner. I kept it pretty simple in this area. The large pumpkins in the buckets are from Walmart. (I may paint them white with chalk paint) I already had the candle holders. I may add some pumpkins on the plates. But I like the simplicity of it so far! 

I hope you all enjoyed this post. I wanted to share that you can decorate nicely on a budget! It may be a little time consuming with the diy part of it, but I find that to be rewarding. And it is all stuff that can be used over and over for years!


-Ashli



No comments:

Post a Comment