Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Why We Are Moving

I got a lot of kind comments and words of encouragement on my current Instagram stories about us moving. I also had a lot of questions about why we are moving. So I wanted to do a post to explain that.

Let me start by saying we already have a house picked out to move into. About 2 years ago, we tried buying a house that my fiance's mother was purchasing but there were some lien issues. This went on for months. I prayed that if it was meant for us to have that house we would have it by a certain time. That time came and passed. That's when we began looking at other homes and found the house we are currently living in.

The house we are going to move into has a lot of history and already feels like home to us because it is where Patrick lived when I met him. When we first moved in together, it is the house we lived in. We have many memories in that house. (The only reason we moved is because the house was on a flexible mortgage and it got to be more than we could afford) So we moved. And his mother has been renting it out for extra income ever since. She now owns the house and there are no lien issues.

We moved into our current home a year and a half ago. It's over 60 miles one way from any of our family. When we first moved in, we didn't think that was a big deal. However, we have dinner every week at my grandma's house and that's over 200 miles that we are driving just to go there once a week. None of our family comes to visit because it's so far away. We bought this large house for get togethers but that rarely happens. And I don't blame anyone. That's a far drive. Where as, the home we are going to buy is only 20-25 minutes from my family and is right up the road from Patrick's sister.

This current house is also a tri-level. Each bedroom is on a different floor. I don't like being that far away from the children. I know that isn't a big deal to some people. But our 5 year old is autistic and lately he's been opening the main doors and trying to run down to the road. If he were to try to do that at night, we may not hear it because his room is so far away from where we are.

We are also used to living in the country, a little ways away from neighbors. Where we are now is so close to a very busy road and neighbors. And our backyard isn't very big.

The day after Christmas, I joked to Patrick, "We should move to your mom's home and sell this one." He thought I was serious and immediately said yes. I don't know why I thought of that but it's felt right ever since.

We called the realtor that sold the house and set up an appointment. We didn't even know if we could sell the house after only living here a year and a half. After the realtor checked comparables in the area and came to see what all we've done, he said that he believed we could.

We are currently under contract. There are still a lot of things that have to be taken care of, but hopefully everything will be done by April. I will make another post about everything we've done to sell the house. But I wanted to let you all know why we are moving and to thank everyone so much for the support. I really appreciate it all so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment